We, the Fachschaft Mathematik/Informatik (student council of mathematics and computer science) at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology would like to welcome you on our website for the orientation period (O-Phase) in winter semester 2020 / 2021. Here you can get the most important information and news you will need as a new student.
“O-Phase” means orientation period - usually a week of fun and informative events. With the current coronavirus pandemic ongoing, we will have to change our program considerably.
The KIT updates the neccessary measures according to the changing situation. We adhere to the recommendations issued by the Executive Board of KIT and the Students union in order to keep the risk as low as possible during our events. Unfortunately, it is essential to change plans according to the current situation and to abstain from heavy personal contact.
However, we still want you to be prepared for your first semester at KIT. We are planning a lot of digital events and a few select activies in person. If you don’t want to miss anything, keep an eye on our schedule and look for updates below.
We are working hard to prepare different events for a completely digital or semi-digital O-Phase. Due to our audience speaking mostly German, only a few events will be in English.
- Livestreams: We would like to offer a series of interactive livestreams where we talk about different topics regarding the KIT, studying and everything else. You are welcome to ask questions for us to answer. The first event will be somewhere around the end of July. Look for announcements and the invitation link on our livestreams page.
- Study information video: We will publish an informational video where we present everything important for studying at the KIT. An English version might be available.
- Meetings: A few weeks prior to the start of the lectures, we will begin organizing meetings in small groups so you can get to know each other. Of course, this will be subject to change as the situation develops further.
Questions regarding your course of studies
If you have any questions you would like to ask before our informational events, you can always write us an E-Mail:
- For courses at the department of mathematics: email@example.com
- For courses at the department of informatics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- See also our FAQ section for general information.
Questions regarding your application
If there are questions or problems with your application, you can reach the KIT Student Service at +49 (0) 721 608-82222 during the hours of service.
Please keep in mind that we can not give you information about the proceeding of your application, as we can not access your documents!
Wrong field of study?
If you’ve applied for a field of study not with the department of mathematics or computer science, please find the contact information for your orientation period on the AStA website.